The Wispr is optimized to operate with Welch Allyn® Wall Mount Units and Welch Allyn Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery Handles. These are the recommended power sources for powering your Wispr Digital Otoscope. In addition, the Wispr can be utilized with the Heine otoscope power handle.
- Welch Allyn 71000-A, 71900 & 71670 rechargeable handles
- Welch Allyn 767, 777 & Connex® wall transformers
- Welch Ally Desk Charger 71140
- Heine BETA 4 USB TL and AV with TL adapter rechargeable handles
- Heine EN 100 Wall Transformer
If you do not currently own a compatible power handle for the Wispr, we recommend purchasing a Welch Allyn Lithium Ion Rechargeable Handle.
Click here to view and purchase the battery powered handles that support the Wispr.
- Internal Storage: 64 GB, 30 minutes of video
- Screen Specifications: 35 mm diameter, 400 x 400 pixels, 1.6x magnification
- Optics Module Barrel/Tip Dimensions: 2.11 mm diameter x 18 mm length
- Speculum Tip Dimensions: 3.24 mm outer diameter, 14 mm length (does not include taper)
- Camera Resolution: 249 x 249 pixels, 90° field of view, Auto focus from 3.5 mm to 5 cm
- Image File Format & Size: .bmp, 496 KB/image saved
- Time to Save an Image: 2 seconds
- Video Rate: 15 fps
- Video File Format & Size (5 seconds): .avi, 39 MB
- Time to Save a (5 second) Video: 90 seconds
- USB Interface: USB 2.0
Wispr disposable specula are available in packages of 96 (spec1-96) and 300 (spec1-300). The Wispr disposable tips easily dispense from existing wall units.
Pediatric mode enables the display of seven pre-loaded images meant to appeal to children. This feature can be used to build patient comfort prior to the otoscopy exam, “What do you think I’ll see in your ear?”, or to have a light moment with the patient or the family after the exam, “Look what I found in your ear!” Pediatric mode is optional and by default is turned off.
It is implemented such that it will not interfere with your normal clinical flow. Pediatric Mode Video Link
NOTE: Pediatric mode is only available with software versions 0.01.084 and higher. Software upgrades are available here in customer support.